Today we are going to take a look at this TP-link router which has the perfect balance of features, performance, and price.
So, if you haven’t already upgraded your home’s Wi-Fi to 5 gigahertz network this can do it for a very reasonable price.
Hey guys I am Pratik and this is Best WiFi Routers under 3000 review.
TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router
Design – Glossy Finish
The design of this Best WiFi Routers under 3000 is attractive enough. The top has this nice glossy texture that reflects light in an interesting way but because it’s glossy it is a fingerprint magnet and it will also get scratched easily.
The green LEDs on this router are also not centered on their indicators which makes it look cheap but looks obviously aren’t the topmost priority for a router and it is what’s inside that matters.
So, at the back, we have 4 Gigabit LAN ports along with a Gigabit LAN port and then you have a combined WPS and Wi-Fi on and off button along with the power and reset button.
We don’t have any USB ports on this router but that’s fine setting up this router is very easy and you can do that in 5 minutes with just using your smartphone as the tp-link teather apps offers a lot of options and it’s also very easy to use.
Key Features – Dual Band Connectivity
Now, coming to the main features of this Best WiFi Routers under 3000 is a dual-band AC 1200 router which means 300 Mbps on the 2.4 gigahertz signal and 867 Mbps theoretical speed on the 5 gigahertz signal.
The actual speeds are of course going to differ the really great additions to this router supports for two by two MU-MINO and support for beamforming 2 by 2 MU-MINO are really great for a budget Best WiFi Routers under 3000 and nowadays your smartphones have MU-MINO.
My PC has MU-MINO so all of these devices can have better latency responsiveness and speeds and nowadays we can easily cross 8 or 10 devices connected to the router in our homes.
So, all of these features including other advantages of being on the 5 gigahertz network frequency can help a lot you do have to enable beamforming and MU-MINO manually in the settings.
Few Honorable Mentions – Best WiFi Routers under 3000
1. Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band WiFi Router (Black)
Quick Specification – Pros/Cons
- Wireless Speed: 1200 Mbps
- Frequency: 5 GHz, 2.4 GHz
- Connectivity: 3x LAN, 1x WAN
- WPS Support: Yes
- 4x 5 DBI Antenna provides a very strong network coverage
- Automatic Signal Boost for both dual bands
- Smooth performance while gaming and watching any 4k Videos
No USB Port
2. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router – Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home
Specifications – Pros & Cons
- AC1750 WiFi speed — Simultaneous 2.4GHz 450 Mbps and 5GHz 1300 Mbps connections for 1.75Gbps of total available bandwidth
- Qualcomm Chipset — High-Performance Chipset provides an excellent connection experience
- Dual-Band Gigabit Router — Supports 802.11ac standard – 3 times faster than wireless N speeds
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi — 3 external High-Performance antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areas
- USB Port — easily shares files & media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server
- Guest Network Access — provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network
- Working Modes — Router Mode and Access Point Mode
Specifications – Pros & Cons
- Dual-Band Wireless Connectivity
- Wi-Fi Speed Up to 867 Mbps/5 GHz + 300 Mbps/2.4 GHz
- Supports Parental Control
- Guest WiFi, MU-MIMO Router
- Qualcomm Chipset
Specifications – Pros & Cons
- Dual-Band Gigabit Best WiFi Routers under 3000
- High-speed performance, concurrent speed up to a combined 750 Mbps data rate
- Smart control with the ASUS WRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor and control network applications all in one intuitive area
- Robust external antenna, 3 external strong antenna enhances signal transmission
- High power design in pursuit of ultimate capability
- Gigabit Ethernet data transfer 10 times faster than 10/100 fast ethernet devices
Connectivity & Coverage
So, check that you have set the Wi-Fi signal strength too high coming to the range of this router. This isn’t going to break any records this is an area where size matters in the Best WiFi Routers under 3000.
And this router is in packing the big black antennas like my high-power router and the antennas also aren’t removable so you cannot replace them with better ones so even with beamforming it may not be the Best WiFi Routers under 3000 for very large homes I would estimate that up to 2,000 square feet.
You are going to get a good 5 gigahertz signal and you can have a good 2.4 gigahertz signal in 2500 or 3000 square feet home but if you are like me and you have two sets that you want Wi-Fi in you will have to use range extenders.
This brings us to another feature that this Best WiFi Routers under 3000 is missing which is a range extender mode it’s not a big deal again but it’s nice to use old routers as range extenders and this would have been a great option for extending 5 gigahertz signal coverage.
Though you can use it as an access point and this will also get one mesh support which could be really great if you pair this with other tp-link devices to create a mesh Wi-Fi network.
Data Transfer Speed
Now my internet speed is only around 100 Mbps so I won’t be able to test its full potential but if you have faster internet or if you use your router to transfer files you are going to get great speeds, unlike the older routers which have 300 Mbps Wi-Fi but LAN ports that are limited to 100 Mbps when there aren’t any bottlenecks.
This router can offer a transfer speed of up to 530 Mbps which is not as high as the advertised 867 Mbps but it’s still very good for affordable best wifi routers under 3000.
Conclusion – Yay or Nay?
So, in conclusion for a price of around 2600 to 3000 rupees, I do think that this is the Best WiFi Routers under 3000 option you are getting a lot for your money and it is going to be good enough in future proof for most homes in India until gigabit internet speeds become common here.
And you have devices that support gigabit wireless transfer speeds it does lack a few features like USB port removable antennas and range extender mode but those aren’t deal-breakers and with all the newer wireless features and connectivity it can be the perfect option for you.
If you are on a budget or if you just don’t need the advanced networking features so I will have the link over here if you want to buy this or check prices.
Thanks for your time. subscribe to Candid Buy if you found this Best WiFi Routers under 3000 review helpful.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below and I will see you in the next one. Cheers!